Summit Stories Episode 4 – Scott Dougan and Sean Lee, Creators of Retirement Elevated
Scott Dougan and Sean Lee, the two advisors behind Elevated Advisor and Retirement Elevated, run their business from two different states and have created a wildly successful college-style financial workshop responsible for acquiring nearly $300,000,000 in assets since 2014.
In this conversation, we discuss how they attract people that are a perfect fit for their business, why they DON’T want a massive flow of prospects, the silver linings and positives from the pandemic, and the creative new venue Scott is using to run in-person workshops.
In this episode you will hear:
- 5:46 – On the dynamics of building a business living in two different places
- 13:25 – The evolution of their marketing philosophy and what that means for the future
- 15:01 – How the college class format helps you attract, acquire, and retain the right type of clients
- 18:47 – Why the college course acts as a natural gatekeeper for the client types they want
- 22:10 – How Coronavirus changed business and the silver lining moments that will last
- 24:00 – Scott on doing $573,000 in target life over Zoom calls
- 27:19 – What goes into creating a successful long-form college course in webinar format
- 33:35 – On how nurturing existing clients and always educating has proven crucial to their success
- 40:28 – The innovative new venue Scott is using to run the Retirement Elevated course